Thursday, June 6, 2013

Polka Dot Pals Roxie

Hello, hello, hello!  We're having new releases at Little Miss Muffet Stamps today and I'm excited to announce several new images and styles to play with!!   Check out the LMMS Blog for all the details and design team inspiration.  And wow, let me tell you, they've rocked this release!!!


For my project I've used Polka Dot Pals Roxie from Little Miss Muffet Stamps, which is currently a digital stamp.  You may not recognize her, since I've colored in some facial features.  In addition to expanding her eyes with color, I've given her chubby cheeks, a nose and mouth.  :D  These images are cute the way they are, but I love how they look with faces too.  So have fun with them and experiment a little.



In addition to playing with the eyes, I had some fun with the background too.  The clouds were colored using this simple 4-step cloud tutorial HERE.  Then the ocean was colored with the same color blues and I stroked horizontal lines from the lighter colors to darker colors (going from top to bottom).  The sand was added with dots and even the starfish was an addition.  Last, I added some ocean details with a white gel pen.


 I'm not sure what I was thinking when I put the card together but I grabbed bits and bobs from all over my craft room.  This was also the perfect chance to use the beach themed chipboard I have from Make it Crafty.  I nabbed a bunch of packages before they were retired - I just love them!


Thanks for combing by today and I welcome any comments you have to share on this new style, the new release or even the facial features!  Don't forget about the other projects by the design team and visit the LMMS Blog for all that inspiration!!  Have a fabulous day!  *Hugs

I'd like to enter this into the following Summer Themed challenges:

Use Your Stuff Challenges


Update: I was selected in the top five at Cupcake Craft Challenges!

16 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these images! Did I mention that yet?! Fab card too, your colouring blows me away. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Barbara! Amazing coloring and great details! Really love this latest release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara she is adorable, I love the way you did the face I had to go look at the original image, WOW you truly are an artist. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. I love the flip flop embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fantastic card, Barbara! Your coloring is amazing on this! Love the design & details, too! And the new release is full of adorable images. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such details in your coloring, not to mention all those cute embellies! Such a fun release :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Barbara, thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely summery card, thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome! Love the image, the polka dots and OMGoodness! The Flip Flops!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I need to tell you how much I love her? Probably not:)... but what an amazing job you have done, your colouring is simply breathtaking! Yes the facial features but also the background... Fabulous!!! I LOVE your card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck:)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colour combo and such great layering. Thank you for taking the challenge with us on the
    Use Your Stuff blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara,
    Just popping over to Congrats you on being one of the Cupcake Cuties :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I totally love the way you have coloured her, the thongs & the turtle is SO cute. Thank you for sharing. Hugz, Lisa

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :)
    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I love this...what a great card and love your additions....so cute! Thanks for joining us Dutch Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is stunning and the embellies are wonderful! Thanks for joining at Dutch Dare.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.